I love trawling through the Listopia lists on Goodreads. They throw up all kinds of books I didn’t even know I wanted to read! Below are my favourite lists so far:
Everyone knows that you don’t have to be stick-thin to be happy in life, so why shouldn’t it be the same in books? Of the top 100 books, I’ve only read two: Bridget Jones’s Diary by Helen Fielding and The Edge of Reason by Helen Fielding, so I’ve got a lot of catching up to do!
Books Set in Brighton
I used to live in Brighton, so any chance to reminisce is always welcome with me. There are 35 books on the list, and I haven’t read any of them, so I can’t wait to get started. I have seen the Brighton Rock film (the 1947 starring Richard Attenborough, which I really liked) so I should imagine that I’d like the book by Graham Greene.
Non-Fiction Animal Heroes
Animals are cute, but occasionally they can be helpful and this list celebrates that. Of the 64 books on the list, I haven’t read any but I currently reading A Street Cat Named Bob by James Bowen which is on the list. I have had the below three books from this list on my to-read list for a while now:
1. Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World by Vicki Myron, Bret Witter
2. Marley & Me: Life and Love with the World’s Worst Dog by John Grogan (though I have seen the film!)
3. Wesley the Owl: The Remarkable Love Story of an Owl and His Girl by Stacey O’Brien
I love owls, so I especially can’t wait to read about Wesley 🙂
Chick Lit for the Beach
I have loved chick lit books since I was a teenager and it’s still the same at 35! I have read 5 of the top 100 books:
1. Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella
2. Bridget Jones’s Diary by Helen Fielding
3. Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella
4. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
5. The Edge of Reason by Helen Fielding
I loved the films of numbers 1, 2, 4 and 5 also!
Favorite books from my childhood
Ah, such a nostalgic list! I have read 6 of the top 100 books:
1. Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White
2. Matilda by Roald Dahl
3. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
4. Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret by Judy Blume
5. The Witches by Roald Dahl
6. Blubber by Judy Blume
I really can’t believe that I haven’t read more!
Do you have any favourite Listopia lists?
If you’d like to be friends with me on Goodreads, you can find my profile here 🙂